Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Life Lately

So, you've changed your format, Blogspot? Well, that's fine with me. However, what isn't fine with me is how you identifiy this blog as "The Domeyers's" blog. Ouch. It is an annoying shot to the heart every time I log in. That must be why I haven't posted for quite sometime.

First, here are some pictures my dear friend Kaitlynn took of our little one a few weeks ago. Can you believe God entrusted me with this little guy?







Life is pretty magnificent over here lately. While I am absolutely loving the opportunity to stay at home with my little one, I won't lie that it has been a little bit of a roller coaster. Somedays I absolutely adore doing laundry for my family, mopping the floors and cooking dinner. Other times a quiet (booming) voice screams at me, "Really? This is what you are doing with your life? Mopping the floor? Cleaning the toilet? Pouring all this energy into two other people who don't even understand how hard it is? Remember how you were going to do awesome things and save the world?" That voice has been quieting down lately, but it did allow for some boughts of self-doubt and low self-worth.

Staying at home is really hard. Not only does the work feel mundane, but there isn't a cheerleader/disciplinarian to let you know how your doing. I always know when I fail (messy house, a hubby looking for clean work shirts) but when I succeed life is business as usual. Secretly I wish trumpets would sound, the whole house would randomly break out into song and hoist me up on their shoulders every time I get everything done. For the first time I feel as though I am running from failure as opposed to running towards success. I know if I don't clean the house I will feel wretched at the end of the day, but if I do clean the house I and everyone else will simply feel... normal. 

I think its equally hard for a husband of a stay at home mom. When he comes home I'll grin with anticipation, thinking he is going to tell me how great the house looks, profess his love for me and rave about how great dinner smells. When in reality a 10 hour work day doesn't allow for the level of energy I require. He will come home, say all those things and then plop down in exhaustion. And my feelings are hurt. But I have a husband who works 10 hour days and 6 days a week for our family. I am working on letting go of this self-centered desire for praise in light of what my husband sacrifices for us on a regular basis. 

So two months later we are still figuring it out. Its getting better everyday. I love it more and more everyday.
Now, I must run to go take Brady to swimming lessons. Praise the Lord that I get this opportunity to do this during this special time. I am so blessed beyond words. 


1 comment:

  1. What better way to "save the world" then to raise a wonderful son who will treat people with respect and contribute to the greater good? You and Kaleb are fine parents. Everything you do makes a difference. Keep up the good work! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete