Sunday, July 1, 2012

Catching Up with the Petersens

     The last three or four days have been a whirl wind. Brady and I took a road trip up to Washington to see Travis and Karissa get married (Hooray! More on that to come in a later post). I took the opportunity to make some stops along the way. We spent the night at the Petersens' on Thursday night before heading to the wedding Friday afternoon. 

     While at Blake and Stephanie's, we managed to get some pictures of Sam, Brady and Jack. This was quite the feat. I have yet to meet a little boy who disliked getting their picture taken as much as Jack Petersen does. But, thanks to some skill, perseverance, and M &Ms, Stephanie and I prevailed and here is the proof.




     One of my favorite parts of this weekend was getting to catch up with Stephanie. A select few people in life make God feel tangible... like His love is manifested right in front of me whenever I am talking to them. Stephanie Petersen is one of those people. Seeing her as a Godly wife and mother invigorates my desire to be a better one than I am today. Best of all I feel accountable to her. I can count on her to surely set me straight should I ever start to veer off course.  

      I so badly want a friend like that for Brady. Perhaps that is why watching our sons play together makes my heart so happy. I can't stand it. I can barely keep my excitement contained.



     So no pressure, boys (unless that would work, and in that case TONS OF PRESSURE, BOYS)... but I genuinely think you will get along famously. I'll love you individually regardless, but I'd really really really love to love you collectively as well.

     It was a great visit and I may or may not have conveniently left Brady's yellow stuffed dog from his Grammy at the Petersens' so I have a valid excuse to make another visit.

1 comment:

  1. It was so great spending time with you and Brady! I am so thankful for your friendship, Leslie. Oh, and the boys are totally going to be best friends, whether they want to be or not. :)

    ReplyDelete