My little guy is such an easy going baby. I cannot believe how docile he is. He's been sleeping through the night since 2 months old, only fusses when he is communicating that he needs something and is generally in a great mood. This is painfully ironic given how stubborn his two parents were as children, but lets just keep that between you and me until he turns, say, 30. Until then lets stick with the story that we were angels. And valedictorians. I hope I spelled that correctly. Otherwise its a dead give away.
But even he has his bad days. Normally he sleeps until 8:30am at which time he gradually awakes to the natural light and then lets mom know when he is ready for breakfast. Tough life. Today we started his day off by ripping him out of bed at 7:30am to head to our lovely neighbor's house for the day while mom worked for The Man. His stomach must have been bothering him because he spit up. All. Day.
Needless to say I had a fussy baby on my hands tonight. Instead of slowly drifting off to sleep like he normally does, he fussed himself into a full blown fit. I listened for a moment to see if he would calm down. When he didn't I swooped in and rocked him to sleep.
It looked something like this:
The past couple days Kaleb's and my devotional highlighted God's role as comforter to his children. Its so astounding to me that the joy I get from helping my baby calm down is nothing compared to the joy God feels when he comes along the side of me and calms me during storms. Totally nuts. Because I get A LOT of joy from helping calm Brady down. So much I think my heart is going to explode.
But I know it won't, because if it could, I surely would not have survived this:


No comments:
Post a Comment