Friday, February 24, 2012

Brady and Grandma Quality Time

Once it was decided I would be staying home starting February 29, it was obvious I needed to work full time up until that point instead of the part-time schedule I had been anticipating. The blessing in all of this is that my mother volunteered to babysit Brady at our home Thursdays and Fridays (the days I had thought I would be at home.)

Happy boy!

Its been so incredible to come home to my mother, my baby, and a clean house. I get to see and have lunch with my Mom twice a week but more importantly I get to watch her dote over my little boy.


Grandma getting down and dirty. 

Grandma giving Brady a new do. Who knew this Grandma was hip enough to style a faux hawk?

That woman loves that little boy. She reads to him, sings to him and plays with him all day and then proudly reports everything back to me throughout the day when I stop by on my breaks and lunch to feed and cuddle him. Brady obviously loves her a lot as evidenced by all the cooing and smiling he does the minute she picks him up. He is so at ease and slides effortlessly into his routine. My mom is adamant its because he is in his own home, but I have a sneaking suspicion she has something to do with it as well.


Aren't they lovely? This one is clearly a framer and will be on a mantel pronto. 

Its been great to have her here to talk me through this big transition and point out how great it will be to stay home come Wednesday (oh my, Wednesday! I get to stay home with my baby starting Wednesday! Hallelujiah!) Some cliffs only your mother can talk you off of. Turns out my "cliff" is more accurately described as a green pasture and she is quick to point it out.

I'm so thankful I've gotten to spend this time with her and am even more thankful that Brady seems to love my mom as much as I do.  

5 comments:

  1. cute pics!!!!!! Wednesday will be here before you know it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you, and glad that you are feeling good about being home! Wednesday, that is SO awesome! Is his hair red, or is that just the picture??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lauren! I'm so excited!

    His hair was dark brown when he was born, but has lightened up considerable. It does have a little red tint to it, but its more brown than red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Wednesday, it's Wednesday!!! How did it go?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yesterday was my last day. Kind of sad. I won't lie! But Brady and I are having an great day so far and I am so happy to be home with him.

    How's school going my dear? We need to get together so I can get caught up on all things Natalie.

    ReplyDelete