We bought our first house, had our first baby, experienced many tiny trials as we adjusted to married life (like did you know some people never ever ever wash their cereal bowl? Kaleb Domeyer is that "people") and most recently I got laid off because one of the attorneys I support was appointed judge in Polk county. Sucker punch.
The last event is what brings me limping back to this outlet. I was totally devastated when my attorney let me go. So much so that I had to excuse myself and ask if we could continue the meeting later. That happened Wednesday. I've yet to ask to finish it. Something about crying in front of someone who has asked you to leave seems too reminiscent to the vulnerability in a high school break up. "Its not you, its the firm..."
However, a few days have passed and the sting has subsided. My husband is actually excited to see how God is going to provide for us. How blessed am I with a husband who meets adversity with such a joyful attitude? I'm starting to see the gift that God has given me in allowing me a few extra uninterrupted weeks (months? years?) with my baby. The freedom (terror, choking sensation, etc.) of being let go has caused us to explore other possibilities of income that we always pushed off because we didn't have time. Well, time is no longer an issue. I've got tons of it starting March 1. We've always wanted me to be able to stay at home and raise our babies but I doubt we would have been able to take the plunge. Perhaps we just needed a little nudge (shove, JOLTING PUSH, etc.).
I want to remember this time so I can praise God for bringing us through it. I also want to remember all the precious milestones I am about to witness as a stay at home mom. And I'll have so much time to craft and cook my little heart away. I'll probably share those too. First on the list: finish three quilts that have been haunting me for the better part of two years.
Lord, I trust you. I know your plans are greater than any of mine. Thank you for this trial. Thank you for my wonderful little family. But most importantly, thank you for your Son.
"but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength
They will soar wings like eagles."
Isaiah 40:31
Now how can I feel anything but blessed with such an adorable face like this staring up at me? I'll take him over any stinkin' job any day.

Leslie, I had no idea you worked for Norm??! My sister used to nanny his two little kiddos!
ReplyDeleteWhat a small world! You should probably let you sister know that now would be the time to commit felonies in Polk County. Just sayin'.
DeleteP.S. Thanks for adding another blogging distraction into my life. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your job, Leslie. It will be fun to see how God provides during this time, and what a blessing that you get to spend a little, or maybe a lot, more time with Braden. I love you, and we'll be praying for your little family!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Stephanie! I am much more at peace now that things have been falling together quite nicely. No doubt in my mind this was all divinely orchestrated. Love you lots and am still praying often that Blake finds a job in Oregon! :)
Delete